First Semester Objectives:
By mid-term exams, all choral students will be able to:
- Count and perform rhythms in simple meter.
- Identify notes on the staff in treble and bass clef.
- Identify solfege syllables in an exercise when given “do.”
- Perform a major scale using solfege syllables, hand signs, and with numbers.
- Perform sight reading exercises with others in at least 2 parts.
- Perform a variety of music in a historically and stylistically correct manner.
- Have a working musical vocabulary including, but not limited to, vocabulary related to rhythm, notation, dynamics, and tempo.
- Exemplify proper choral technique with regard to posture and vocal production.